Hicks Brunson Eyewear 1951

Hicks Brunson Eyewear 1951


[caption id="attachment_10519" align="alignright" width="395"]HicksBrunson UnbuiltStore1 Cropped Our founder: Hicks G. Brunson (ca. 1951)[/caption] Utica Square opened on May 22, 1952 as Tulsa's first suburban shopping center.  Hicks G. Brunson opened our location here in Utica Square along with the original construction of the shopping center. Our optical boutique, originally called Hicks Brunson Opticians, was one of the first stores in Utica Square.  We are proud of our long history in Utica Square and take pride in continuing our tradition of providing Tulsa natives and travelers from all parts of the world with fashionable and quality eyewear. Please enjoy these pictures taken from a rare color video of the construction of Utica Square recorded in late 1951. [caption id="attachment_10522" align="alignleft" width="401"]UticaSquare UnderConstruction StJohnsBackground1 Cropped Looking Northwest with the original St. John's Hospital in the background. (ca. 1951)[/caption] [caption id="attachment_10521" align="alignleft" width="400"]UticaSquare UnderConstruction PostOffice1 Cropped Looking Northwest toward the future location of the Utica Square Post Office. (ca. 1951)[/caption] [caption id="attachment_10520" align="alignleft" width="400"]UticaSquare UnderConstruction BacksideStrip1 Cropped Looking Northwest toward the backside of our section, which faces Yorktown. (ca. 1951)[/caption]                                                                  

Leave a comment


Please note, comments must be approved before they are published